When spills happen and they will, it’s best to know how to take care of them.
Here we share with you some common every day items that every homeowner should be aware and why when it comes to removing spills and spots from your carpet they need to be part of your cleaning supplies.
Important Tip: Blot stains…don’t rub them. Common sense here people, blotting is safer and does not distort the carpet fiber like rubbing. Be gentle.
1) CLUB SODA – Keep club soda handy. The carbonation in club soda helps remove beer and wine spots from your carpet. Get white towel add the club soda directly to the towel and blot up the spill.
2) SHAVING CREME – Try shaving cream. It’s not just for shaving…it’s a fantastic spotter as well. Foam it in the spot and let dry. Then vacuum when dry.
3) ICE – Ice it. The coldness is fantastic for removing gum, sticky candy and gum-like substances.
4) DETERGENT – Dishwasher detergent. A drop or two of detergent into a spray bottle along with water makes a great pretreat. Use it to remove greasy spills and spots.
5) CLOTHES IRON. And iron and white cloth come in handy when wax is the culprit in the spot or spill. Make sure the cloth is slightly damp and is placed on top of the spot or spill prior to using the iron. The heat of the iron will melt the wax and draw it into the cloth.
6)HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. Those tough blood spots can be reversed with a little oxygen power by using store bought hydrogen peroxide. The spot will foam, then blot up.
7) E-CLEANERS. Be green. Using eco-friendly cleaners can be safer for your pets and little ones, so keep a bottle around foo when spills occur.
8) SPOON. Scrape it. Dried food and candy can be tough to remove, but by using the edge of a spoon you can scrape up the hardened substance without doing damage to the carpet fibers.
When you just don’t know how to clean it or don’t have the time, call the professionals at Advantage Carpet Care at (510)235-3487 – serving the Bay Area.